Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Top 10 List!!

I have to say I love all things Christmas! I know I'm a product of my environment, given my mom does as well, but I just absolutely love this time of year. If we only had snow, we would be in business!! So anyhow, back to the love of Christmas.... I mean how cool that every year we get to celebrate a Savior being born with all kinds fun that lasts for an entire month. Now I say March is technically my birthday month, but let's be honest, no else cares and really only people care for one day (March 6 if you're wondering)! :) So with that said I decided to do a Christmas top 10 List (in no particular order, because who could decide):
1. love decorating...hence the decked out apartment
2. i love the music and it plays non stop in my car from the day it starts until the day it ends (except this year it's non stop on my iphone/ipad since I hardly drive anymore)
3. wrapping presents...i absolutely love paper and ribbon and bows and it's a bit therapuetic to me to sit down and focus on something so easy
4. the food...my mom's Christmas dinner has got to be without a doubt the best meal I eat all year and we do not take it easy on Thanksgiving....just sayin
5. church....you gotta remember the reason for the season. i must admit i have not been to one advent service this year, but that is something i always look forward to doing with my family....christmas eve and christmas day church service
6. presents....now that we know the reason I can honestly say I love presents...both giving and receiving!!
7. lights....christmas lights put a little happiness in my heart
8. cards...sending and receiving. i love to hear from people by snail mail even if it is 1x/year. and as i said...i love paper, so this to me is an absolute must!
9. holiday baking....i love to bake and eat, and I even hosted a baking party this year
10. Christmas movies....come on, who doesn't love a little Christmas Vacation/Home Alone cocktail?? i mean you really only watch them one month out of the year AND  to be honest, those would make my top 5 move list any day of the year!!
So there you have it folks. These are the things I enjoy most surrounding this fun but short season. I did not mention my family, but I enjoy them all year round and am thankful for them every day. They are a shoe in so why waste a number on them when they already know I look forward to seeing them and how much I love them!! :) Okay, now for the picture countdown....I will do my best to capture all 10 things!!
our makeshift christmas tree....which we loved!

christmas flowers+ornaments....seen before, but still lovely! 
pretty paper...pretty ribbons

Is he more excited about what's inside or the beautiful wrap job....hmmm, I wonder?? 
what was inside..... new bag and perfume for me
new jacket, hat and sweater for him!! we made out well.
zoo lights in chicago!! so fun and so cute!

snow globe!!

this years christmas cards....thanks to my good friend lindy adams!
the products of a 4 girl baking+wine party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment