Monday, December 19, 2011

All Gussied Up....

Anyone wonder where I've/we've been??? Well with good reason. Took a mini hiatus there for a week or so. But do let me explain....We have been a tad bit busy. In a matter of 3-4ish weeks Beer and myself have started three new jobs combined. When I got the official offer for my "big girl" job they were not sure as to when I would start. It went something like this: "it might be November" "it might be December" ORRR "it could be as late as January, will that be a problem?" said to the girl who had already been unemployed for 2 months. December seemed the latest I could start without completely draining my savings and my sanity. So in a matter of sheer panic and remembering how awful ramen noodles taste, I thought a little income is better than none so I just got myself a part time gig at...wait for it....JCREW!!!! That's right I can sell and fold with the best of 'em (aren't you proud mom??). And wouldn't you know it, the day I accepted JCREW the "big girl" job called and demanded my attendance the next week. So it's been hectic, but also kinda fun and let's not even TALK about the discount!!! :) I will be done after/around the holidays, but may stay on with very limited availability.
And then there is AK....he's the big man on campus at our house right now as he landed his dream job in downtown Chicago. He started at this company called Slalom on December 5th and has been loving it so far. Slalom is a local consulting firm and the big bonus of this is, they staff locally, so NO. MORE. TRAVEL!! yipppeee!! But really this is a big deal, because he has worked so hard and totally climbed the corporate ladder (to him that is cool) and really made himself marketable to one of the best companies to work for. I'm proud of him and just the slightest bit jealous as his company is awesome, he works with awesome people and they do awesome things!! For example, AK had seriously been working there for a matter of hours when he got invited to their annual Christmas/Holiday Mascaraed Ball for that coming Saturday  (hence the gussied up title) and we had no idea what we were in for. This party was (I hate to sound 19 again, but I'm going for it) off the hook. Live band, 5 different food stations, open bar (which is nice when your names are beer and champagne), a photo booth, tons of people and the attire was formal/cocktail so you better believe we went shopping. Not only were all those things included, but we got to celebrate at the House of Blues all night...poor us, huh? It was a great event and since my wagon is hitched to his (generally speaking, not formally or legally speaking), I get to enjoy all these great perks as well. Good job Ak....you worked hard and waited for the best and you got it!! Kudos!!
Take a peak at how we clean up and all the fun that took place....
we clean up well....good job us!!

who is that handsome devil behind the mask??

pretty girl...but in all seriousness masks scare me which is why we got ones on a stick!! :)
a picture of our photo booth experience....beer & champagne at their finest!! love it!

shopping on Michigan Ave the night before....had to look my finest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment