Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First of SEVEN weddings + Final wedding shower!!!

Well what do you know, this blogging thing has almost become a weekly occurrence. How about that?? I actually find it pretty fun to put together a post, so as long as people read it, I will keep posting....

This weekend was another weekend of success when it comes to cramming as many things in as possible while having so much fun!! Andy and I flew back to Iowa on Friday afternoon for a fast furious 36 hours. Friday night we arrived and were greeted by Marcy (my brother's wife/sister in law) and Tommy (my little nephew). They drove us to Eldora so we could all spend the night together as the wedding shower was slated for 9:30am on Saturday!!! Friday night we enjoyed pizza and cheese balls from one of my favorite places in town known to many locals as Jerry's Pizza, but really known as Eldora Pizza and Steakhouse. Either way the food did not disappoint per usual and we went to bed with pizza/beer/cheese ball/buttermilk brownie filled bellies.....so basically there went the wedding diet!! :)

Saturday morning we were all up early and hit the ground running. I really did go for a run and Andy played golf with my good friend Blake as neither of them were included in the wedding shower festivities!!! All the girls primped and were ready to celebrate our nuptials. Marcy, Jen (my other sister in law), Kathy and Nancy (2 of my aunts) hosted a beautiful bridal shower for me, which included fresh flowers, really yummy food and fantastic company, including my grandma who has been kinda sick for quite some time. It really was special to have so many wonderful people that I never see in one room!! Made me even more excited for the wedding. And I better not forget all the fabulous gifts everyone brought....they were way too generous and AK and I walked away with some pretty awesome loot!! Pretty exciting and kinda feels like Christmas!!!

tommy was quite the helper!!

he loved to rip!!!

grandma glenda made it with a smile on her face!! was so happy to see her!!

grandma Jean came for all the fun and relinquished her hot fudge recipe!!!! i'm a lucky girl!!
a couple generations right here....


Saturday night we cut loose!!!! My good friend Tim got married in Cedar Falls/Waterloo and we did not miss one minute of that celebration. Marcy/Dan were invited as well so we (her sister Megan, Blake, AK and I) carpooled over and just had a blast and shared so many laughs all afternoon (the boys Kyle/Daniel met us later). The entire night was filled with catching up with old friends and introducing AK to all the guys I spent so much time with in high school. We stayed until the wee hours and made sure not to miss one minute of all the fun. And if nothing else it made me so excited for our wedding in just a few short weeks as most of these guys are invited and wedding season has officially begun!! I will also add my abs hurt Sunday morning from laughing so hard (much like high school) that I was happy I didn't do my usual ab routine Saturday morning!! AK had a great time as well and felt just as tired/slow as I did on Sunday. And I'm pretty sure AK received decent reviews, unlike the last guy I introduced these guys to!! Good thing, huh, since we are saying "I DO" in no time!!! Congratulations Tim and Kaitlin.....we had so much fun celebrating!!!

Sunday morning came quick and it came with a headache. Yowza!!! Made me remember just how old I am even if I want to act 16 when I hang out with friends from high school!! :) Anyhow, I skipped church (shhhh!!) and organized all our gifts and even packed an over-sized suitcase with some of our gifts which was nice to get some home!!! My parents just built this shed and every Sunday a group of their friends meets out there for Sunday brunch.....this is genius I have to say. There are three guys that cook continuously and the food is as good as any I've ever had!! They even have a pretty good pulse on the bread pudding pancakes originally founded by Southport Grocery in Chicago....YUMMO!!!! After breakfast it was time to bolt and board our plane back to CO!! We had a great weekend, but as you can see it began about as fast it came to a close!! But always full of good times and great laughs!!!

Side note: I was having too much fun at Tim's wedding to take pictures....don't have any...NOT EVEN ONE!!! :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment