Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful!!!

We spent this past weekend celebrating Thanksgiving with AK's family, and I must say we are thankful for them and for my family. We are thankful for our parents/families for obvious reasons (raising us, supporting us, feeding us...you know basic things), but even more so that our parents have created an environment we want to come back to. Not everyone is close to their families and I'm glad that we are. This was my first holiday away from my own family, except for when I was required to work, and it was a bit rough for me, but they Kays took me in and made me one of the group. That's a great feeling. We had a very relaxing weekend that involved eating way too much homemade food, watching lots of football and taking just the right amount of naps. I'm pretty sure I hardly took off my sweatpants.....so hats off to the Kays, because that is how you should spend Thanksgiving. On the flip side, I heard my peeps in Iowa had some fun of their own.....and that they had a great Thanksgiving as well....hard to believe, without me, but the holiday had to go on I guess!! ;)). Despite the naps, food, and football, AK and I were a bit productive regarding the wedding plans and I have included a snip it that will be featured on our wedding website which we will launch soon, but for now enjoy this little masterpiece!!! I took very few pics of the weekend, so this will have to do....


No comments:

Post a Comment